Monday, February 27, 2012

100 Miles Complete

This week has been a great week.  So let's recap it!


Weekly Recap
Monday- Recovery Day
Tuesday- 1.08 Mile Treadmill run- Workout with Brian- Killer Weight Circuit
Wednesday-5:00PM- 10.01 Mile Run (Smooth)
Thursday- 7 Miles-  5:45- Boot Camp Instructing Kettle Bell Class- Part of the Run was Tabata Treadmill
Friday- 3 Mile Run/Walk-Nasty shin splint made an appearance- Tabata boot camp workout
Saturday- Run with Ashley total 9.23. Awful Run my legs were like Jelly and the cold has caught up with me.  (100 Mile Milestone)
Sunday-Recovery


I have to tell you that I love being back at boot camp.  I took some time off to train but it was great to be back with the campers. 


I made 100 miles!



I have to tell you that I ran on Saturday and I felt so crappy.  It was cold and I was so tired and I am sick, which has really has gotten the best of me.  At the end of my run I was so disappointed because I had only gone 8.23 miles.  I needed 8.32 to make my hundred. 


But I will tell you I honestly had nothing left to give.  The legs felt like Jello and I was in an uncontrollable coughing fit. Not even my man, Eminem could get me to move anymore.  I went home and got into the tub exhausted and upset that I could not muster anymore out of me.  After my fingers thawed out I took a wonderful nap, then it was time to go to a birthday dinner with my husband's family. 


After eating a scrumptious birthday meal I decided that I could not leave the day without 100 miles.  So I did it.  In between dinner and dessert I completed a mile to make 100. 


Now I am not the first one in my group to make 100 but I sure feel like it because I am so proud of myself.  My last two runs have been difficult and I felt like I had to fight for the hundred this week.  I thought maybe I would reward myself with a pair of running socks next week but I got something even better. 



My wonderful husband, Greg got me this beautiful running watch and heart rate monitor.  It has all kinds of wonderful features.  Virtual trainer, heart rate monitor, virtual partner, etc.  I think the only thing it does not do is run for you.  It is awesome.  I have no clue how to use the darn thing yet but I can not wait to figure it out. 


I am dying to try it, but It is official, I am sick.  I am on the Nyquil plan as we speak.  I am kind of bummed because there is only 8 miles between Sammy Jo and I.  While I know she will hit 200 before me I would have liked to keep it interesting!  But I have decided to try to be kind to my body because I want to do well on race day. 


So the next time you hear from me it will be when I have begun to use my new watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment