Monday, February 20, 2012

FOMO Syndrome

I was reading SELF magazine the other day and I realized that I suffer from FOMO syndrome.  For those of you that do not know what that means it is FEAR OF MISSING OUT.  I have a great group of people that I workout with and I love to see them everyday.  It is wonderful to have someone to always do something with.  If I want to go for a run I never have to do it alone.  This led me to do the Ragnar Relay and it also led me to sign up for the D.C. Rock and Roll Half Marathon. 


To be honest running a half marathon has never been on my bucket list but, the girls have convinced me that I have 13.1 in me.  Before signing up for this I had never run more than 9 miles.  The last time I ran 9 miles I had pain in places I never thought possible.  Ashley, decided that she wanted to start the 1000 mile club. At first I was like, "Heck No?"  But, FOMO syndrome led me to get started.  It also inspired me to train harder for 1/2 Marathon. 

Workout Recap
Sunday: Weight Training
Monday- Run 4 Miles in the Am.  Fight Club with Ashley and a 2 mile night run
Tuesday- 5.3 miles workout with Brian. 
Wednesday- 5 miles
Thursday 2.23- Birthday workout with trainer-killer
Friday-Recovery
Saturday- 14.23 mile run (WHOOOP WHOOP- that's right)
Sunday Recovery


No comments:

Post a Comment