Saturday, March 24, 2012

Never again will I do a 5K!

Many of the things on my bucket list have been about Travel.  As I have begun to become healthier I have begun to add some health milestones to my list.  I wanted to be under 200 pound, wear smaller clothes, and look good naked.   I find that I am shifting.  Now I just want to be strong and fit.  I want to push myself and do things that I did not think was possible. 

3 years ago I participated in Frederick Twilight 5K.  It is your basic 5k.  I was at a different place then I am now.  See the pic below to sense my excitement. 



To me it was the worse race of all time.  To be honest it was the only race that I had ever done.  I had talked about doing a 5k but wondered, "Why would anyone want to ruin their day by doing one?"  I found myself more in tune with my body.  I noticed every ache and crack.  I noticed that pain in my sides.  I noticed a six year old smoke past me and I noticed a man with no shoes make it look easy.  I thought to myself, "Show offs"  I started to recite my new mantra "This will never happen again.  I don't care what my trainer says."  Boy was I wrong.


Warrior Dash





Ragnar Relay- Most challenging leg- Not everyone gets a shiny belt buckle. 





Introducing- The Rock and Roll D.C. Half Marathon

I haven't been able to to put into words how I feel.  I know that proud is mixed in with relief.  I am proud that I am doing things with my life that I never thought were possible.  That 5K that seemed impossible is now part of a daily routine. 


I chose this pic because look how excited I am to do a 1/2 compared to my 5K excitement



So what's next.  Marathon and Goofy that's what. WOOT WOOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment